Shine Speaker Foundations Program
Present with confidence.
Speak with Intention.
A supportive 8-week speaking program for women who want to overcome their fears and communicate more effectively.
Enrollment for the winter 2022 Foundations program is now closed.
Sign up to find out when our programs are launching.
Gain the skills + confidence to deliver powerful presentations
Whether you want to speak at local events or simply give more authoritative presentations at work, this 8-week program will help you overcome your anxieties and communicate more effectively.
Weekly workshops, breakout sessions, and access to a private community cultivate long-lasting friendships and valuable connections. You’ll grow alongside incredible women in an intimate and supportive learning environment built for flourishing.
Weekly live workshops
Assignments, activities + deliverables
Exercises to manage your fears around speaking
Shine course materials with 25+ pre-recorded lessons
Access to a private Shine community
1-on-1 session with a Shine mentor
Certificate of completion
Guaranteed enrollment in the Shine Accelerator program
You’ll learn and develop your:
Unique point of view + message
Written, oral + visual communication
Self-confidence + self-compassion
Stage (and Zoom) presence + delivery
Leadership + authority
Tackle self-doubt, imposter syndrome and the fear of speaking.
• Get clarity on what self-doubt and imposter syndrome are, including some myths.
• Learn about cognitive distortions and how to combat them through the practice of re-framing.
• Gain powerful tools for pumping yourself up (or calming your nerves) before important moments and events.
Discover the talk topics that really matter - to you and to your potential audience.
• Articulate your own unique point of view.
• Identify areas of expertise, which is the overlap of your knowledge and experience.
• Understand the difference between passion and “passion” - and learn how to weave the former into your presentation.
Compile compelling evidence for your talk, like projects, personal anecdotes, and even tweets.
• Choose one or more impressive projects to feature in your presentation.
• Collect supporting evidence to strengthen your talk thesis.
• Understand what makes a good story, and how to sprinkle it thoughtfully throughout your talk.
Create the structure, outline and content of your talk.
• Discover multiple proven frameworks for building a dynamic talk.
• Physically map out your presentation using a number of different techniques.
• Test your talk flow out and get critical feedback.
Write and create a magnetic talk title, description, and bio.
• Understand how your talk title and description work together to attract attention and attendees.
• Write compelling talk copy using a number of proven frameworks and approaches.
• Craft a bio that speaks to your credibility - and your quirks!
Define your personal brand and create the visuals to reinforce our message.
• Define and document your speaker brand values.
• Create a beautiful and impactful slide deck through thoughtful typography, color, and photography.
• Take inspiration from a template and make it look and feel unique to you and your brand.
Hone in on the details that make your presentations pop.
• Discover tools and exercises to help you speak clearly, confidently, and with conviction.
• Add personality and memorable moments to your presentation using a number of devices such as resonant phrases, comparison, humor, pop culture, multimedia, and more.
You’ll deliver your talk live to your peers.
Congratulations, you’re officially a speaker!
Weekly Workshops are hosted every Tuesday starting August 31st for 8 weeks
We will host two Weekly Workshops each Tuesday to accommodate different time zones: 10am PST / 1pm EST / 5pm GMT and 4pm PST / 7pm EST / 11pm GMT.
Take a peek inside our program 👀
Although slide decks *really* don't give you the whole picture, here's a taste of the content we'll cover and how deep we go (click on the cover to see the entire deck).
Meet your instructors + mentors
Join Shine co-creators Ale, Amy and Stef and guest instructors for weekly live workshops. Plus access our directory of Shine mentors for 1-on-1 support.
Why our alums love Shine
A few months ago, I was feeling stuck in my career. I was doing what I was good at, but in a disruptive industry, and all the good and bad that comes with it (blockchain) which led me to become increasingly curious about finance and tech. I was having an existential crisis.